Please note: underlines denote undergraduate students, italics indicate graduate students mentored in my laboratory, and bolded names are the corresponding authors.
Hua Lu, Jean T. Greenberg, and Loreto Holuigue (2016). Salicylic acid signaling networks. Frontiers Research Topic Ebook. Published by Frontiers Media S.A. ISBN: 978-2-88919-827-6.
- Zhang, Xiao-Ning, Shi, Y., Powers, Jordan J., Gowda, Nikhil B., Zhang, Chong, Ibrahim, Heba M. M., Ball, Hannah B, Chen, Samuel L, Lu, Hua, Mount, and Stephen M (2017) Transcriptome analyses reveal SR45 to be a neutral splicing regulator and a suppressor of innate immunity in Arabidopsis thaliana. BMC Genomics, 18, 772.
- Safae Hamdoun*, Min Gao*, Manroop Gill, Ashley Kwon, Jay Norelli, and Hua Lu (2017) Signaling requirements for Erwinia amylovora-induced disease resistance, callose deposition, and cell growth in the nonhost Arabidopsis thaliana. Molecular Plant Pathology. doi:10.1111/mpp.12588 (*These authors contributed equally to this work.)
- Hua Lu, C. Robertson McClung, and Chong Zhang (2017) Tick Tock: circadian regulation of plant innate immunity. Annual Review of Phytopathology, Vol. 55: 287-311
- Arianne Tremblay, Savanna Seabolt, Hongyun Zeng, Chong Zhang, Stefan Böckler, Dominique Tate, Vy Thuy Duong, Nan Yao, and Hua Lu (2016) A Role of the FUZZY ONIONS LIKE Gene in regulating cell death and defense in Arabidopsis. Sci Rep 6, 37797.
- Hua Lu, Jean T. Greenberg, and Loreto Holuigue (2016). Editorial: salicylic acid signaling networks. Front Plant Sci 7, 238.
- Safae Hamdoun, Chong Zhang, Manroop Gill, Narender Kumar, Michelle Churchman, John C. Larkin, Ashley Kwon, and Hua Lu (2016). Differential roles of two homologous cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor genes in regulating cell cycle and innate immunity in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol 170, 515-527.
- Guoying Wang*, Chong Zhang*, Stephanie Battle, and Hua Lu (2014) The phosphate transporter PHT4;1 is a salicylic acid regulator likely controlled by the circadian clock protein CCA1. Front. Plant Sci., doi: 10.3389/fpls.2014.00701. (* These authors contributed equally to this work.)
- Safae Hamdoun, Yi Liu, Manroop Gill, Nan Yao, and Hua Lu (2013) Dynamics of defense responses and cell fate change during Arabidopsis-Pseudomonas syringae interactions. PLoS ONE 8(12): e83219. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0083219.
- Wang Xu, Ross Sager, Weier Cui, Chong Zhang, Hua Lu, and Jung-Youn Lee (2013) Salicylic acid represses cell-to-cell communication during innate immune responses in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell (25): 2315–2329.
- Chong Zhang, Qiguang Xie, Gina Ng, Ryan G. Anderson, Nick Seitz, Thomas Peterson, C. Robertson McClung, John M. McDowell, Dongdong Kong, June M. Kwak, and Hua Lu (2013) Crosstalk between the circadian clock and innate immunity in Arabidopsis. PLoS Pathogens 9 (6): e1003370. doi:10.1371/journal.ppat.1003370 (* This article was selected as featured research.)
- Hua Lu, Chong Zhang, Ute Albrecht, Rena Shimizu, Guanfeng Wang, Kim Bowman (2013) Overexpression of a citrus NDR1 ortholog increases disease resistance in Arabidopsis. Front. Plant Sci. 4:157. doi: 10.3389/fpls.2013.00157.
- Gina Ng*, Savanna Seabolt*, Chong Zhang, Sasan Salimian, Timley A. Watkins, Hua Lu (2011) Genetic dissection of salicylic acid-mediated defense signaling networks in Arabidopsis. Genetics 189(3): 851-9. (* These authors contributed equally to this work.)
- Jung-Youn Lee, Xu Wang, Weier Cui1, Ross Sager, Shannon Modla, Boris Zybaliov, Klaas van Wijk, Chong Zhang, Hua Lu, Kirk Czymmek and Venkatachalam Lakshmanan (2011) A plasmodesmata-localized protein mediates a crosstalk between cell-to-cell communication and innate immunity in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell 23(9): 3353-73.
- Guan-Feng Wang, Savanna Seabolt, Safae Hamdoun, Gina Ng, Jin Park, Hua Lu (2011) Multiple roles of WIN3 in regulating disease resistance, cell death, and flowering time in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 156: 1508-1519.
- Guoying Wang, Jiangli Shi, Gina Ng, Stephanie L. Battle, Chong Zhang, Hua Lu (2011) Circadian clock-regulated phosphate transporter PHT4;1 plays an important role in Arabidopsis defense. Mol Plant 4: 516-526.
- Jung-Youn Lee, Hua Lu (2011) Plasmodesmata: the battleground against intruders. Trends in Plant Sci. 16: 201-210.
- Hua Lu (2009) Dissection of salicylic acid-mediated defense signaling networks. Plant Signaling & Behavior 4: 713-7.
- Hua Lu, Sasan Salimian, Emily Gamelin, Guoying Wang, Jennifer Fedorowski, William LaCourse, Jean T. Greenberg (2009) Genetic analysis of acd6-1 reveals complex defense networks and leads to identification of novel defense genes in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 58(3): 401-12.
- Ruth K. Genger, Grace I. Jurkowski, John M. McDowell, Hua Lu, Ho Won Jung, Jean T. Greenberg, Andrew F. Bent (2008) Signaling pathways that regulate the enhanced disease resistance of Arabidopsis “defense, no death” mutants. Molecular Plant-Microbe Interactions 10:1285-96.
- Min Woo Lee, Hua Lu, Ho Won Jung, Jean T. Greenberg (2007) A key role for the Arabidopsis WIN3 protein in disease resistance triggered by Pseudomonas syringae that secrete AvrRpt2. Molecular Plant-Microbe Interactions 20(10): 1192-1200.
- Hua Lu, Yang Liu, Jean T. Greenberg(2005) Structure-functional analysis of the plasma membrane localized Arabidopsis defense component ACD6. Plant Journal 44:798-809.
- Hua Lu, Elizabeth Gorman, Thomas D. McKnight (2005) Molecular characterization of two anthranilate synthase alpha subunit genes in Camptotheca acuminata. Planta 221(3): 352-60.
- Jong Tae Song, Hua Lu, John M. McDowell, Jean T. Greenberg (2004) A key role for ALD1 in activation of local and systemic defenses in Arabidopsis. Plant Journal 40: 200-212.
- Jong Tae Song, Hua Lu, Jean T. Greenberg (2004) Divergent roles in Arabidopsis development and defense of two homologous genes, AGD2 and ALD1, encoding novel aminotransferases. Plant Cell 16 (2): 353-66.
- Hua Liang, Nan Yao, Jong Tae Song, Song Luo, Hua Lu, Jean T. Greenberg (2003) Ceramides modulate programmed cell death in plants. Genes and Development 17 (21): 2636-41.
- Hua Lu*, Debra N. Rate, Jong Tae Song, Jean T. Greenberg (2003) ACD6, a novel ankyrin protein is a regulator and an effector of salicylic acid signaling in the Arabidopsis defense response. Plant Cell 15 (10): 2408-20. * This article was profiled by Dong (2004) The role of membrane-bound ankyrin-repeat protein ACD6 in programmed cell death and plant defense. Sci STKE. (221): pe6
- Hua Lu, Ming Chen, Allan M. Showalter (2001) Developmental expression and perturbation of arabinogalactan proteins during seed germination and seedling growth in tomato. Physiologia Plantarum 112: 442-450.
- Helene Vanacker*, Hua Lu*, Debra N. Rate, Jean T. Greenberg (2001) A role for salicylic acid and NPR1 in cell fate determination in Arabidopsis leaves. Plant Journal 28: 209-216. (* These authors contributed equally).
- Hua Lu and Thomas D. McKnight (1999) Tissue-specific expression of the beta-subunit of tryptophan synthase in Camptotheca acuminata, an indole alkaloid-producing plant. Plant Physiology 120: 43-51.